If you’re looking for the ultimate mini excavator, look no further than the JCB 8018 CTS. It boasts best-in-class performance, allied to incredible build quality, superlative strength and unbeatable ease of operation.
We’ve used the very latest manufacturing and design processes to create this highly advanced conventional tailswing machine. As such, it boasts everything from a potent engine to a strong dozer blade, durable steel bushes, an extending undercarriage, low weight and a new high-precision hydraulic valve block.
MRRP MACHINE SPECIFICATION
- Engine: 14.7 kW (19.7hp) Perkins 403D-11 tier 3 diesel engine
- Heated cab w/ steel lower door panel
- Standard extendable undercarriage
- 9 spool valve block
- Twin speed tracking
- 203mm (9") rubber tracks
- ISO servo controls
- Vinyl static seat
- Standard dozer blade w/ swing out blade
- Standard 1,161mm dipper
- Double acting auxiliaries
- 2 x Worklights
- Rotating beacon
- Battery isolator
- 300mm (12") GP bucket
- 600mm (24") GP bucket
- 1000mm (39") ditching bucket
- The high-strength box section dozer blade can withstand impacts from kerbs and manhole covers, while dozer blade hoses are protected by a steel plate.
- All the hoses on the 8018 CTS’ undercarriage are recessed for maximum protection.
- JCB’s state-of-the-art manufacturing processes mean this mini excavator benefits from ultimate build quality, reliability, durability, service life and machine uptime. Our in-house paint process is a case in point, guaranteeing quality and lasting protection.
- For ultimate rigidity, the extending undercarriage beams on an 8018 CTS are made from 25mm solid steel plate.
- Adjustable wear pads on the track extensions provide a long service life and a firm, positive, quiet ride during tracking.
QUALITY ABOVE ALL
- The lower door on an 8018 CTS is made from steel, averting costly glass breakages.
- Our top-mounted boom ram is perfectly protected when loading lorries and skips.
- The 8018 CTS uses the very latest sealing technology – O-ring face trapezoidal seal hydraulics minimise leaks.
- To optimise durability and service life, we’ve fitted replaceable steel bushes to the kingpost, dipper nose and bucket-tipping link. This also provides smooth and accurate operation.
- The hydraulic hoses (including the auxiliary) are routed through the boom and dipper for ultimate damage protection.
- The 8018 CTS’ latest low-wear steel bushes are highly durable and also reduce wear on pivot pins.
BUILT FOR PRODUCTIVITY
- The 8018 CTS boasts class-leading excavation performance courtesy of new dig-end geometry: 2.34m depth, 4.12m reach, 2.62m height. There’s also class-leading lift capacity and a class-leading digging envelope.
- Tearout is a class-leading 16.2kN; combined with fast cycle times, you can do more work in less time with this mini excavator.
- The 8018 CTS’ new hydraulic valve block allows you to travel in a straight line at the same time as selecting excavator functions, increasing productivity.
- Because the 8018 CTS weighs just 1822kg, it can be easily towed to wherever you need it.
- A powerful 14.2Kw engine produces high torque at low revs, providing ample power for even the most demanding tasks.
- We’ve designed the dozer blade profile of the 8018 CTS for supremely efficient material roll. This means grading performance is improved during dozing.
EASE OF OPERATION
- The 8018 CTS’ new hydraulic valve block provides smooth, controlled, precise and balanced operation of excavator functions.
- A two-speed tracking button on the 8018 CTS’ dozer lever is easy and intuitive to use.
- By improving the cab tilt angle on our mini excavators by 17%, we’ve increased service access still further (it was already best-in-class). This design eliminates the need for restrictive servicing hatches in the floor.
- We’ve grouped all the 8018 CTS’ daily service points to make servicing quick and easy. Wide-opening service access panels are supported with gas struts for excellent access to routine checks.
- JCB’s optional impact protection front screen shields the operator from flying debris when using breakers.
- The large door opening on an 8018 CTS gives easy entry and exit.
COMFORTABLY, VISIBLY BETTER
- The short pitched tracks engage every tooth on the sprocket, which gives an 8018 CTS less vibration and noise – and a far smoother ride – than most mini excavators.
- A large glass area and low bonnet profile provide excellent all-round visibility, including to the front right-hand track. This means the 8018 CTS doesn’t need mirrors to meet EU regulations.
- We’ve used a one-piece seat base; this reduces machine vibration and provides high levels of operator comfort in the 8018 CTS.
- The 8018 CTS has tinted cab glass as standard to reflect the sun’s energy, increasing operator comfort.
- Dozer extensions swing out easily on this mini excavator, which allows operators to quickly and easily shift the dozer wings.
MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE (MRRP)
Understanding the Manufacturer’s Recommended Retail Price (MRRP)
- The listed MRRP is JCB’s non-binding recommended retail price for a JCB product at the stated specification.
- JCB sells its products through a network of independent authorised dealers and therefore the MRRP is not the selling price of a JCB product.
- JCB dealers are free to sell products at any price they wish which may be higher or lower than the MRRP and the MRRP is only a non-binding recommendation to JCB dealers.
- If you wish to obtain a quotation for a JCB product from a JCB dealer then please use the quotation tool in this website or contact a JCB dealer directly.
* FINANCIAL INFORMATION
JCB Finance Ltd is our preferred supplier of finance facilities. Offers restricted to business users in mainland Great Britain and Northern Ireland, available from participating JCB dealers, subject to formal underwriting and there being no change in the factors affecting JCB Finance Ltd. The weekly values used are for illustrative purposes only and are dependent on precise machine specification, hours and application and do not form an offer of facilities. JCB FlexiLease instalments are based on a 3+33 monthly payment profile and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. The illustration is based on the machine operating in a medium application for a maximum of 1000 hours per annum. Return conditions will apply. HP instalments are based on a fixed rate 0+36 monthly payment profile with a 10% deposit and the full VAT amount payable at time of signing. Both offers are subject to a £245 documentation fee payable with the first monthly payment. The HP offer is also subject to a £48 +VAT Option To Purchase Fee collected together with the final payment. JCB Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.