JCB’s new JS220 is the culmination of 48 years’ tracked excavator expertise, offering performance and productivity without compromise. Designed and developed using our Efficient Design philosophy, the JS220 is an 22-tonne tracked excavator that’s equipped with a host of efficiency, performance, comfort and safety innovations. Like our new award-winning EcoMAX T4i engine, this meets Stage IIIB/Tier 4i legislation without using bulky DPF or SCR and provides a fuel saving of up to 10% over our outgoing models. We’ve also created an all-new high-strength boom and dipper for this excavator.
MRRP MACHINE SPECIFICATION
- Engine: 129 kw (173hp) JCB EcoMAX tier 4i diesel engine
- Hydraulics: Multi work mode hydraulics via the advanced management system - includes twin variable displacement hydraulic pumps
- Cooling: Single face, 3 core, worldwide cooling package with puller type fan
- Electrics: 24V, 50 amp system with 1 x boom, 1 x mainframe worklights
- Standard JS cab includes: Roof blind, heater, (2) 12v power sockets, seat belt, 4 inch colour moitor and front window wiper
- Long undercarriage: 2590Mm track gauge / 4640Mm long
- 700 mm tracks, 49 links, triple grouser shoes
- Monoboom, 3 HBCVs (boom & dipper), 3.0M dipper
- Bucket tipping link with max capacity lifting shackle
- Refuelling Pump
- Hammer 3.0M dipper
- Air suspension seat heated
- Climate Control
- Rotating beacon
- Tracked tool kit
- Our EcoMAX T4i/Stage3B engine uses up to 10% less fuel than our Tier 3 units, saving you money. This is partly because EcoMAX produces high torque at just 1500-1600 rpm, and also because JCB uses efficient advanced hydraulic technology.
- JCB’s tracked excavators use hydraulic regeneration to recycle oil across the cylinders for faster cycle times and reduced fuel consumption.
- Auto-idle technology automatically reduces the engine speed of the JS220 tracked excavator when its hydraulics aren’t in use.
- Simultaneous tracking and excavating is smooth and fast with intuitive multifunction operation, and four operating work modes allow operators of these 360 excavators to tailor performance to any application. Auto, Economy, Precision and Lifting modes provide very different optimised settings.
- For ultra-versatility, JCB offers a full list of auxiliary pipework options including hammer, auxiliary, merged and low flow.
- A new reinforced boom and dipper is made of high tensile strength steel, with three-piece wrapper plates and cast ends for strength and durability.
- Robust cast ends and pivot bosses make the new boom and dipper on this tracked excavator extremely strong.
- The high-strength undercarriage of JS220 tracked excavators is of a fully welded X-frame construction for long-term durability even in the most demanding applications, and the rigid upper frame provides maximum durability and support.
- The turret on JS220 tracked excavators is welded to both the upper and lower undercarriage frames, and stiff, durable doors provide further strength.
- We use Finite Element Analysis with extensive rig and endurance testing to make these 360 excavators last longer.
- For ultimate reliability, we construct our tracked excavators using only the very best componentry, including Berco running gear, Kawasaki pumps and Kayaba main control valves
OPERATOR COMFORT AND SAFETY
- JCB JS220s have excellent front visibility, with a 70/30 front screen split and a clear view of the front right track for easy, safe trench digging and manoeuvring.
- Because it doesn’t require bulky after-treatment like DPF or SCR, the new compact EcoMAX T4i engine can be housed under an innovative low-level bonnet, providing excellent rearward visibility.
- For tremendous speed and control, a JCB JS220 has a balanced slew and electronic/hydraulic controlled slew braking. It can also be specified with proportional auxiliary control options for even more smoothness and precision.
- An easy-to-read 7” colour multi-function display provides instant operational information, and has customisable home screens.
- JCB JS220 cabs use 6 viscous rubber mounts to minimise noise and vibration.
- We’ve reduced noise to 72dB(A) inside and 99dB(A) outside; because the JS220 creates a quieter working environment inside and out, you can use the machine at any location, any time.
- JCB’s Plexus Oil Filter System extends oil life to 5000hrs by constantly filtering hydraulic fluid down to 2 microns, reducing risk of contamination.
- By using graphite impregnated bronze bushes on the JS220, we’ve increased boom and dipper greasing intervals to 1000 hours for normal applications.
- JCB’s In-Cab Monitor checks engine oil levels, coolant, and system errors on start-up.
- Because the EcoMAX engine doesn’t need exhaust after treatment, it doesn’t require costly heat-resistant lube oils.
- Unlike most Tier 4i engines, JCB EcoMAX doesn’t use a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) or SCR, saving you additional AdBlue fluid level maintenance.
- Our innovative recalibration option allows EcoMAX to run on lower grade fuels. This means the JS220can be resold across different territories, which improves residuals.
- JCB’s 2go system fully isolates hydraulic functions to avoid unintended movements. This new start function means a JCB JS220 can only be started in a safe locked position via two separate inputs.
- The JS220 bonnet opens front-to-rear for easy and safe engine service access.
- The cab can be specified with Rollover Protection Structure (ROPS) and Falling Objects Protection Structure (FOPS).
- JCB JS220s have a large glass area and low bonnet line for superb visibility.
- There’s no need to climb onto the JS220 to check oil levels; all routine servicing can be done from ground level.
- JCB’s Safety Level Lock fully isolates hydraulic functions to avoid unintended movements.
MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE (MRRP)
Understanding the Manufacturer’s Recommended Retail Price (MRRP)
- The listed MRRP is JCB’s non-binding recommended retail price for a JCB product at the stated specification.
- JCB sells its products through a network of independent authorised dealers and therefore the MRRP is not the selling price of a JCB product.
- JCB dealers are free to sell products at any price they wish which may be higher or lower than the MRRP and the MRRP is only a non-binding recommendation to JCB dealers.
- If you wish to obtain a quotation for a JCB product from a JCB dealer then please use the quotation tool in this website or contact a JCB dealer directly.
* FINANCIAL INFORMATION
JCB Finance Ltd is our preferred supplier of finance facilities. Offers restricted to business users in mainland Great Britain and Northern Ireland, available from participating JCB dealers, subject to formal underwriting and there being no change in the factors affecting JCB Finance Ltd. The weekly values used are for illustrative purposes only and are dependent on precise machine specification, hours and application and do not form an offer of facilities. JCB FlexiLease instalments are based on a 3+33 monthly payment profile and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. The illustration is based on the machine operating in a medium application for a maximum of 1500 hours per annum. Return conditions will apply. HP instalments are based on a fixed rate 0+36 monthly payment profile with a 10% deposit and the full VAT amount payable at time of signing. Both offers are subject to a £245 documentation fee payable with the first monthly payment. The HP offer is also subject to a £48 Option To Purchase Fee collected together with the final payment. JCB Finance Ltd. Registered in England No.972265. Registered Office: The Mill, High Street, Rocester, Staffordshire ST14 5JW. JCB Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For Insurance Mediation, JCB Finance Ltd is an appointed representative of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. JCB Finance Ltd's registered VAT number is GB 243 8527 52.