The JCB JS160is in the 17 tonne category of our range of heavy tracked excavators. It’s engineered with exceptional strength, productivity, efficiency, comfort, safety and ease of maintenance.
A closed box section revolving frame increases strength and reduces stress. It also makes these 360 excavators highly resistant to impact damage. We’ve used strong parts too – premium industry standards in fact.
Meanwhile, this 17 tonne excavator’s engine is a highly efficient Isuzu 97 kW 4HK unit, compliant with Stage 3a and Tier3. It provides a fuel saving of up to 9% over our outgoing models. The benefits of the JS160 series of tracked excavators don’t end there either.
MRRP MACHINE SPECIFICATION
- Engine: 97 kw (130hp) JCB DIESELMAX stage iiia / USA epa (tier 3) 4 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine
- Hydraulics: Multi work mode hydraulics via the advanced management system - includes twin variable displacement hydraulic pumps with max flow of 2 x 138 lpm
- Cooling: Single face, 3 core, worldwide cooling package with puller type fan
- Electrics: 24V, 50 amp system with 1 x boom, 1 x mainframe worklights
- Standard JS cab includes: Roof blind, heater, (2) 12v power sockets, seat belt, 4 inch colour moitor and front window wiper
- Air suspension seat heated
- Long undercarriage: 2200Mm gauge / 3940Mm long
- 700 mm tracks, 43 links, triple grouser
- 3 HBCV
- 3.05M dipper
- Refuelling Pump
- Climate Control
- Rotating beacon
Before you buy tracked excavators, you need to know they’re going to be tough enough to perform any job you ask of it. Fortunately, with a JCB JS160, strength and durability come as standard.
We use Finite Element Analysis with extensive rig and endurance testing to make these 360 excavators last longer. A JCB JS160’s reinforced boom and dipper is made of high tensile strength steel, with single piecewrapper plates and internal baffle plates for long life durability.
The high-strength undercarriage of a JS160 17tonne excavator is of a fully-welded X-frame construction for long-term durability even in the most demanding applications, and the rigid upper frame provides maximum durability and support.
The turret on JS160 tracked excavators is then welded to both the upper and lower undercarriage frames, and stiff, durable doors provide further strength.
PRODUCTIVITY AND EFFICIENCY
It’s more important than ever to save money and time so it’s just as well that JCB JS160 tracked excavators aredesigned to make the most of both.
Our Tier 3 compliant Dieselmax motor produces high torque at low revs for great efficiency.
There’s a massive 97kN bucket tearout for superb productivity, and the special JS range quickhitch system makes attachment changing fast and easy.
Simultaneous tracking and excavating is smooth and fast with an intuitive multifunction operation, and four operating work modes allow a JS160 17 tonne excavator operator to tailor performance to any application. Auto, Economy, Precision and Lifting modes provide very different optimised settings.
Maximum productivity, minimum spend
- JCB’s tracked excavators use hydraulic regeneration to recycle oil across the cylinders for faster cycle times and reduced fuel consumption.
- Auto-idle technology automatically reduces engine speed when hydraulics aren’t in use.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND SAFETY
We’ve designed JCBJS160 tracked excavators to be comfortable, safe, ergonomic, simple and intuitive to operate. Which is good for operators of 360 excavators but even better for you; after all, great ease of use equals great productivity.
Cushioned boom and dipperends prevent shock loadings, protect your machine and increase operator comfort, while 6 viscous rubber mounts minimise noise and vibration.
A 70/30 front screen split for a clear view of the front right track, plus a large laminated glass roof window provide this 17 tonne excavator with exceptional all-round visibility.
To keep everything under control, JCBJS160 tracked excavators have a balanced slew and electronic/hydraulic controlled slew braking. Function switches are easy to reach and include the heater and climate control panels, while the sideunit doubles as part of the immobiliser code selector.
A comfortable favourite
- JCB JS160shave a spacious luggage tray behind the operator’s seat.
- Advanced Monitoring System keeps tabs on functions and inputs during different working modes.
- A large floor area with large high grip pedals gives easy and precise tracking.
- Demist/defrost keeps a JS160 front window clear.
We’ve designed JCB JS160 tracked excavators to be low maintenance and easily serviceable. Which makes them affordable, efficient and highly productive.
Bonnets open and close easily with gas-assisted cylinders, and the service bays are large and wide for good access. 1000-hour boom and dipper greasing intervals and a 5000-hour oil life provide maximum uptime on these 360 excavators. Grease points are centralised on a JS160 17 tonne excavator too, for safe and easy access to high level pivots. Likewise filters (engine oil, hydraulic oil and fuel).
Because they’re mounted side by side, the JS160 tracked excavator’s engine radiator, hydraulic cooler and intercooler can be serviced individually and cleaned easily.
MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE (MRRP)
Understanding the Manufacturer’s Recommended Retail Price (MRRP)
- The listed MRRP is JCB’s non-binding recommended retail price for a JCB product at the stated specification.
- JCB sells its products through a network of independent authorised dealers and therefore the MRRP is not the selling price of a JCB product.
- JCB dealers are free to sell products at any price they wish which may be higher or lower than the MRRP and the MRRP is only a non-binding recommendation to JCB dealers.
- If you wish to obtain a quotation for a JCB product from a JCB dealer then please use the quotation tool in this website or contact a JCB dealer directly.
* FINANCIAL INFORMATION
JCB Finance Ltd is our preferred supplier of finance facilities. Offers restricted to business users in mainland Great Britain and Northern Ireland, available from participating JCB dealers, subject to formal underwriting and there being no change in the factors affecting JCB Finance Ltd. The weekly values used are for illustrative purposes only and are dependent on precise machine specification, hours and application and do not form an offer of facilities. JCB FlexiLease instalments are based on a 3+33 monthly payment profile and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. The illustration is based on the machine operating in a medium application for a maximum of 1500 hours per annum. Return conditions will apply. HP instalments are based on a fixed rate 0+36 monthly payment profile with a 10% deposit and the full VAT amount payable at time of signing. Both offers are subject to a £245 documentation fee payable with the first monthly payment. The HP offer is also subject to a £48 +VAT Option To Purchase Fee collected together with the final payment. JCB Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.