The JCB 3CX is the world’s number one backhoe loader (along with the JCB 4CX). The 3CX is a product of JCB’s efficient design philosophy, responding to today’s rising fuel prices and environmental concerns with class-leading efficiency and low running costs. In short, we’ve applied innovative technologies to squeeze the absolute maximum out of every drop of fuel on the JCB 3CX Eco.
The result? In typical roading, loading, excavating and idle cycles, the 3CX JCB backhoe loader, equipped with a powerful 63 kW Dieselmax engine, delivers an average fuel saving of up to 16%, plus lower emissions and noise levels. And, with extended periods between fill ups, you benefit from a longer, more productive working day.
But the efficiency (and other) benefits certainly don’t end there on a JCB 3CX.
MRRP MACHINE SPECIFICATION
- Engine: 81Kw (109hp) 95a turbo-charged intercooled JCB diesel engine
- 3CX Contractor EasyControl T4i
- Gearbox: 40Kph 4WD powershift
- Pump: 165 Lpm (36 gpm)
- Excavator end: 14' heavy lift ext. dipper
- Excavator controls: Iso+ EasyControl
- Loader: Std 3 spool float/reset
- Mainframe: 7'8" 2WS sideshift
- 6-In-1 shovel, direct mount, 2,350mm
- 3/4 Hammer Pipework Sitemaster Easy Control
- Excludes excavator bucket
- Including: Rear chevrons, beacon, interior mirror, return to dig, registration plate, front mudguards, smoothride system, toolbox & tools, battery isolator, end damped boomram, loader arm pipework, rh foglight
- LiveLink GPS tracking, key immobiliser
- Drive controls for powershift + lock-up
- Limited slip differential
A QUALITY WORKPLACE
The JCB 3CX is designed to enable fatigue-free, productive day-long working. The cab is rubber-mounted and isolated for low noise and vibration.
A JCB 3CX Eco cab is inspired by the automotive industry for familiarity. A heated air suspension seat, heated front screen, and a hot beverage machine are just some of the quality features you can find within.
Ergonomic seat-mounted excavator-style controls – with optional excavator-style backhoe and loader servo controls – provide fingertip control, great comfort and excellent manoeuvrability.
For more comfort and less material spillage, the 3CX’s Smoothride System (SRS) minimises bounce during travel. You can quickly reset your shovel to the digging position with our return-to-dig feature too.
High back-off brakes reduce viscous drag during roading and rehandling, which improves economy by up to 1%.
The optional handheld tool circuit means you can increase versatility by using your 3CX as a power source for handheld tools, such as drills, breakers, cutters and even water pumps.
JCB 3CX backhoe loaders are quiet places to work, both inside and out – particularly the 55kW (74hp) models, which are the quietest in the industry.
Controls on the 3CX Eco feature an LCD panel detailing machine hours, service information fuel level and system warnings. A 360° view through tinted windows aids comfort, productivity and safety.
Our innovative scoop design one-piece rear windscreen allows JCB 3CX operators to see right into the trench when excavating.
- A new high output variable flow pump reduces the JCB 3CX’s cycle times, saves fuel and, on manual backhoes, lighter lever effort makes control easier.
- Our new improved Powerslide features a larger hydraulic ram, which produces more power to quickly and effortlessly reposition the backhoe loader’s excavator.
- There’s more tractive effort at the 3CX Eco’s pile than ever, thanks to new variable flow pump power management and the new JCB EcoMAX engine.
- The 3CX’s 4-ram self-levelling loader automatically adjusts the shovel on both the raise and lower cycle without any need for manual adjustment. It also provides unhindered front shovel visibility, especially when loading at height.
- The optional combined hammer and bi-directional circuit provides optimised low-flow and high-flow hydraulic power with low back pressure for great attachment versatility.
- JCB’s new hydraulic quickhitch makes attachment changing on the 3CX quick, safe and compliant with current and future legislation.
- EcoDig is a standard-fit three-pump hydraulic system that provides high hydraulic flow and pressure at low engine speeds for improved fuel economy, reduced carbon emissions, lower engine wear, and extended refuelling intervals.
- Hydraulic Speed Control (HSC) automatically disconnects the first hydraulic pump when the JCB 3CX Eco is in fourth gear. This reduces fuel consumption still further.
A DRIVETRAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISE
- The 3CX’s new EcoMAX engine is designed, tested and built by JCB to work perfectly with JCB axles and gearboxes. T4i-compliant EcoMAX produces power and torque at around 1200 rpm for responsiveness and fuel-efficient matching of the transmission and hydraulics.
- Because EcoMAX doesn’t use exhaust after-treatment, it doesn’t need costly heat-resistant lube oils or Adblue, saving servicing costs. And, because EcoMAX can be adapted to run on lower-grade fuels, Backhoes are resalable across different territories, which boost residuals.
- JCB 3CX engines are tried and tested. We’ve built 200,000 DIESELMAX engines since 2004, and we’ve tested EcoMAX for 110,000 hours in 70 different machines across the toughest applications and environments.
- For ultimate loading performance, productivity and roading efficiency, the JCB 3CX’s EcoMAX engine delivers as much as 81kW (109hp) and 516Nm of torque.
- JCB’s unique TorqueLock system is standard-fit on all 81kW (109hp) powershift 3CX models. Combined with our optional 6-speed Autoshift transmission, it can help save up to 25% on fuel and 10% on road travel time.
- An optional limited slip differential gives a JCB 3CX superior traction and performance, as well as reduced tyre wear.
- The 3CX JCB backhoe loader is fitted with EcoRoad technology to provide the highest efficiency and productivity levels when roading. Fuel consumption is reduced, while machine speed and working area are increased by up to 10%.
STRENGTH: WHY COMPROMISE?
- JCB 3CX Eco axles and transmission are designed to withstand a 12,000-hour design life; heavyweight axles are built to withstand serious shock loads. The rear axle alone has a static load rating of 25,000 kg, and a dynamic load rating of 12,500 kg.
- We use stress-relieved fabrication for the 3CX’s boom – by heating materials to over 650˚C for over 16 hours, we make sure the metal is evenly heated, doubling boom life.
- The 3CX Eco’s pre-production testing regime included 100,000 loading cycles, 500,000 excavating cycles, 360,000 gearchange cycles, extensive bump track testing to ensure structural integrity, and thousands of hours of endurance testing.
- We also carried out extensive EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing on the 3CX; this ensures that signals from mobile phones and radios don’t affect the machine in any way.
- Every new JCB 3CX is put through around 600 performance checks on the production line.
- Our construction materials are tested to the limit by exposing them to extreme temperatures, chemicals, salt, oil and light. That way, we know they’ll survive the most hostile conditions.
- For rigidity and hose protection, there are flat plate D-pressing loader arms on the JCB 3CX.
- The robot welded single-piece chassis on the 3CX maximises strength and minimises weight.
- Hydraulic hoses are approved to work down to -40°C and all JCB 3CX materials are tested to extreme temperatures and exposed to chemical, salt, oil and sunlight to ensure maximum protection.
LESS SERVICING, MORE SERVICE
- An upgraded engine and fuel filter prevents engine wear and extends our EcoMAX engine’s working life.
- Daily under bonnet checks are a thing of the past with the JCB 3CX – all engine checks are done automatically by the CANBUS electronics engine management system.
- Most Tier 4i engines use a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) or SCR, requiring additional AdBlue fluid level maintenance – EcoMAX doesn’t.
- For an even more efficient backhoe experience, JCB’s new multi-functional instrument control panel can provide the 3CX’s current and average fuel consumption, as well as service faults and critical faults.
- The plastic fuel tank on a JCB 3CX Eco is completely rustproof to prevent rust forming in the tank, which protects the fuel injection system. The single-piece composite cab floor is also rustproof, with moulded water channels.
- LiveLink telematics can provide accurate up-to-date machine health information on your 3CX. The system can also maximise uptime by making it easy to service your machines at the most efficient times possible.
THE SAFE CHOICE
- Getting into a JCB 3CX Eco is easy and safe – there are large grab handles, a wide door opening, and open grid design steps that prevent dirt build-up.
- Our new unique integral shovel street pads option prevents ground damage from your 3CX and, therefore, costly repairs.
- Power brakes allow efficient, safe stopping power with low pedal effort.
- New rear light guards provide extra protection for your 3CX backhoe on site.
- You can keep a close eye on your 3CX Eco with JCB’s LiveLink telematics system; this protects your business from unauthorised usage and vehicle thefts.
MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE (MRRP)
Understanding the Manufacturer’s Recommended Retail Price (MRRP)
- The listed MRRP is JCB’s non-binding recommended retail price for a JCB product at the stated specification.
- JCB sells its products through a network of independent authorised dealers and therefore the MRRP is not the selling price of a JCB product.
- JCB dealers are free to sell products at any price they wish which may be higher or lower than the MRRP and the MRRP is only a non-binding recommendation to JCB dealers.
- If you wish to obtain a quotation for a JCB product from a JCB dealer then please use the quotation tool in this website or contact a JCB dealer directly.
* FINANCIAL INFORMATION
JCB Finance Ltd is our preferred supplier of finance facilities. Offers restricted to business users in mainland Great Britain and Northern Ireland, available from participating JCB dealers, subject to formal underwriting and there being no change in the factors affecting JCB Finance Ltd. The weekly values used are for illustrative purposes only and are dependent on precise machine specification, hours and application and do not form an offer of facilities. JCB FlexiLease instalments are based on a 3+33 monthly payment profile and are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. The illustration is based on the machine operating in a medium application for a maximum of 1500 hours per annum. Return conditions will apply. HP instalments are based on a fixed rate 0+36 monthly payment profile with a 10% deposit and the full VAT amount payable at time of signing. Both offers are subject to a £245 documentation fee payable with the first monthly payment. The HP offer is also subject to a £48 +VAT Option To Purchase Fee collected together with the final payment. JCB Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.